Ive noticed through the comments that there's a whole bunch of people that don't know if they have a real gibson guitar or buying a cheap imitation from china or who knows where .
There are lots of ways to tell if the guitar is a real gibson .. The video shows you some great pointers .
1. Measure the guitar to check that it's not undersized. Correct measurements can be found on www.Gibson.com .
2. Examine headstock and headstock logo to determine that they match those of authentic Gibson guitars.
3. Check to see that all pearl is inlaid. Check that Les Paul model script is always in cursive.
4. Verify that there's not a three-screw truss rod cover.
5. Check the control and pickup cavities for sloppy routing or wiring.
6. Make sure the pickup cavity is not painted black inside.
7. Always ask for the Gibson Owner's Manual and Gibson Warranty Inspection card. Check the wiring. If it's plastic it isn't a true Gibson. When all else fails, contact Gibson Customer Service at 1-800-4GIBSON