Legendary Jimmy Page Turns 63

Happy Birthday Jimmy Page

Gibson wishes the legendary Jimmy Page a very happy 63rd birthday.

One of the greatest guitarists of all time, Jimmy cranked up his les paul standard and took rock ’n’ roll to places nobody could ever have imagined.

As guitarist and leader of the legendary Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page defined what a rock ’n’ roll band is supposed to be.

The earth-shaking, colossal guitar sound that he wrenched, cajoled, and strangled out of his Les Paul was based in the deep blues that inspired many of the British Invasion guitarists as they grew up in gloomy postwar London ... 

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:44 AM

    I was 12 years old in 1989 and was curious about playing guitar. My curiousity turned into an obsession as soon as I heard the solo from "Heart Breaker". An older neighbor knew that I was interested in music so he took me in his house, sat me right in the middle of the couch and cranked that song, it was as if he knew that it would turn my world upside down. It is truly one of the most memorable moments in my life. I could not beleive what I was hearing-I had to find out how to make those sounds! I'm 30 now and have never put down my guitar and never will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:21 PM

    jimmy page will always rule in my book ... my favorite solo is the stairway to heaven solo .. still get shivers when i hear it today .. great inspiration in my life ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zeppelin is the real thing, Page might just be the most inspired Guitarist ever

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gibson Serial Numbers, Specs & Info

GIbson Les Paul Deluxe Guitar

Gibson Explorer Guitars

Vintage Guitar Prices (How Much Is Your Guitar Worth?)